In our post, we will provide step-by-step instructions for Netgear WiFi extender setup. If you are quite curious to know the setup procedure, then following the below-mentioned steps will help to accomplish your objective.
- Firstly, make sure your extender is plugged in. By doing this, you will see its Power LED light turns green. Don’t forget to check the on/off button from the back of your hardware.
- Then, use your device to join your extender's Wi-Fi network which mostly the default network name. No password is required. ‘Internet not available’ this option can appear, but there is nothing to worry about.
- Open any browser and search mywifiext.net.
- Look for ‘New Extender setup’, then you’ll be asked to set up a username and password. The password should not be the same as the Wi-Fi password and the username should be the default.
- Now, you will be asked to choose two security options that will be used in case you forget your credentials.
- Look for the ‘Next’ option. Now Wi-Fi extender Genie will appear to help. You can follow the guided instructions and search for the available local networks.
- Choose network's 2.4GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi from the Radio buttons.
- After choosing ‘next’, enter your current network's credentials.
- Choose password and SSIDs, the default password is the same as that of your current network.
- Now, settings will be saved.
- Connect your device to the extender's new network.
For any assistance, you can talk to the experts.