Wallpapers are a quick and easy method to update plain and drab walls without having to repaint them. Long sheets of paper printed with abstract motifs, patterns, and other elements and then hung on the walls have become popular home decor items all around the world. Wallpapers are a great way to give your teen’s room a new looks for decorating. Every adolescent has a distinct style that evolves as they mature, and what better way to keep up than with purple and green wallpaper? With these wallpaper ideas, you can create a setting that your teen will appreciate and show off their unique likes and personalities.
Advantages & disadvantages of using wallpaper in the bedroom:
- The wallpapers are available in different colors, prints, designs, and textures. The choices are endless.
- The wallpapers are easily applied, and they do not take extra time. You can save a lot of time choosing the wallpaper because the paint needs to prime your walls and apply multiple coats for smooth finishing. But installing the wallpapers is less than a day’s job.
- There is a washable wallpaper also which can easily clean and maintain also.
- You can easily replace and remove the peel and stick wallpapers. They do not damage the wall and leave no traces.
- Various wallpapers can be more costly compared to paints, especially if you are looking for a custom design or print.
- When working with patterned wallpapers, the designs must be exactly aligned for the pattern to flow smoothly. It will take a lot of care and attention to detail, especially if this is your first time working with wallpapers.
- Some wallpaper glues cannot handle high humidity and moisture and may begin to peel away from the edges.
- You cannot install the wallpapers on the rough and textured walls. Firstly you will need to smoothen the walls beforehand.
Wallpaper ideas for teens
If you are still undecided about using wallpaper to decorate your teen’s room, keep reading to be inspired by these fantastic ideas that are sure to change your mind!
Accent Wall Wallpaper
You don’t have to cover the entire bedroom with vibrant and bright wallpaper to make an effect. Add patterned wallpaper to one wall or even the middle area to make a big statement. Choose the wallpaper with colors that go well with the room. This will ensure that the wallpaper catches everyone’s attention without being overbearing.
Black and White Wallpaper
Just because you’re going to hang wallpaper in your bedroom doesn’t mean it has to be bright. Simple black, white, and grey wallpaper blends well with a variety of home decors and is ideal for when you want to add a splash of color without going overboard. Neutral-colored wallpapers make it simple to switch out furniture and home decor items without fear of clashing colors.
Designing a teen’s room can be a lot of fun, but if you don’t have a strategy in place, it will quickly become a challenge. Speak with interior and home décor specialists to take the guesswork out of the planning process. And make your teen’s room more lovable! Purple and green wallpaper brings unique changes to your teen’s room. Teens prefer a nice mix of style and functionality, and you can’t compromise on either while designing a dream bedroom for your teen.