One of the best ways to feel great and stay healthy is by eating a nutritious, well-balanced diet. There are many diets out there, but a healthy eating plan is something that everyone can follow.
By sticking to these guidelines, you can ensure your body gets the nutrients it needs while maintaining a healthy weight. If you want to order meal prep grilled chicken visit https://mealsbychefb.com/product/meal-prep-southwest-grilled-chicken/.
So, what is included in a healthy eating plan? Here are the basics:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
- Lean meats like poultry, eggs, fish, beans and nuts.
- Limited saturated fats and trans fats, sodium and added sugars.
- Controlled portion sizes.
Can Chicken Be Part of a Healthy Diet?
No matter how you eat, you need some type of protein. Protein is an important component of your body that is used to build and repair tissues and make enzymes, hormones and other body chemicals. There are different ways to get protein, and chicken is one of them.
Chicken can be prepared by grilling, roasting, sauteing, stir-frying and baking. All of these cooking methods are healthy and use herbs, spices and organic oils. To ensure the chicken is low in fat and calories, remove the visible fat and skin.
Some people have concerns over conventionally raised chickens and how they are treated with antibiotics to make them grow faster. If you want to avoid conventional chicken, consider free-range, organic and local poultry options.
How Will Chicken Keep You Healthy?
Chicken is known for its protein benefits, but there are other ways that this lean meat can keep you functioning well.
- Improved heart health. Chicken has very little saturated fat, so it’s good for the heart. It also keeps cholesterol levels in check, especially compared to red meat. Furthermore, chicken contains niacin and vitamin B6 that are known to reduce heart attack risk.
- Maintain healthy weight. By maintaining a healthy weight, you’ll feel better, lower your risk for obesity and prevent chronic inflammation. Plus, grilled chicken gives your metabolism a nice boost, keeping your energy levels up.
- Supports the immune system. There’s a reason why chicken soup is recommended for people when they’re sick. Chicken contains minerals like zinc, vitamin B6 and vitamin A that boost the immune system, fight free radicals and promote cell growth.
- Strong bones and teeth. It’s not just milk that does the body good. Chicken has protein and phosphorous that keep the teeth and bones strong and healthy.
- Boost the mood. Both turkey and chicken are rich in tryptophan, a precursor of serotonin. By getting enough of this amino acid, you keep serotonin levels stable, fight off stress and promote relaxation.
There’s no denying it – adding grilled chicken to your diet will help keep you healthy. Be sure to remove fat and skin from the chicken and choose a healthy cooking method.